What are the best Apple Watch bands?
An Apple Watch is as much useful wearable technology as it is a powerful fashion statement. The right Apple Watch band can tie together a complete look or give you more peace of mind when wearing your Apple Watch during certain activities. With the ease with which it is possible to change Apple Watch bands, you can also have multiple bands to mix and match as needed.
If you are looking for the best Apple Watch band, the right choice is the JETech Stainless Steel Apple Watch Strap. This durable and stylish Apple Watch band is just as suitable for strenuous activities as it is for a chic date night.
What to know before buying an Apple Watch strap
Apple Watch straps can be made of several different materials, but the most common are rubber, leather, stainless steel, and nylon.
- Rubber: Rubber Apple Watch straps are the versatile material. They are durable and offer a wide range of color options to help your Apple Watch stand out more if desired. Apple watches are sold with a rubber band included.
- Leather: Leather is a classic material for Apple Watch bands. These bands tend to be more expensive than other materials, but they have great durability and are very stylish, pairing with any type of look.
- Stainless steel: Also a strongly classic type of Apple Watch band, this band material isn’t as great for tougher activities, but it’s waterproof and easy to adjust the size by adding or removing links.
- Nylon: These Apple Watch straps are perfect for busy lifestyles. Nylon bands are durable, waterproof, very light and breathable, and they are available in a wide range of colors and weave styles.
Apple Watch bands tend to be sporty, casual or dressy; but most materials can also play several roles at the same time
- Casual: Casual Apple Watch bands are smooth and can stand out or be subtle as needed. Rubber Apple Watch strap types tend to be the most casual, but some nylon straps can be just as casual.
- Jock: Sporty Apple Watch straps are synonymous with durability and functionality. These are usually made from nylon to maximize durability and limit wear while being completely waterproof. Some rubber Apple Watch bands can also be very sporty.
- Dressed: Whether it’s a date with that special someone, an elegant occasion, or you just want to feel a little classier, there’s an Apple Watch band for just that. Apple Watch bands in stainless steel and leather are the dressiest, with stainless steel being a little flashier and leather a touch more refined.
Apple Watch bands can come in a dizzying array of color options and some even feature different designs.
The material generally dictates the range of color options available. Rubber, Nylon, and Leather have the most options for solid colors, with Nylon also having the most pattern options. Stainless steel Apple Watch straps are quite limited, however, with most stainless steel straps coming in silver, gold, or black.
Features of the Apple Watch band
Watch case size
Most Apple Watch cases are 38 or 42 millimeters, and Apple Watch straps are usually only designed to fit one of these case sizes. Check both the size of your Apple Watch case and the size of the strap you’re considering to make sure it fits.
Case size isn’t the only size consideration; the length of the strap is just as important. Band lengths generally correspond to the size of the case they are intended for. 38mm case sizes have band lengths of 5.1 to 7.4 inches and 48mm case sizes have band lengths of 5.7 to 8.6 inches.
Apple Watch Band Cost
Most Apple Watch bands fall comfortably in the $10 to $25 range, depending on style and material. Some Apple Watch bands can cost hundreds of dollars, but if they include extras like real diamonds or are made of rare materials like gold.
Apple Watch Band FAQ
How do I change my Apple Watch strap?
A. There is a small button on the back of the Apple Watch that releases the strap attached. Simply slide the old strap on, then slide the new one on until you hear a click.
Which Apple Watch strap should I buy for swimming?
A. Rubber is best for swimming because it dries quickly and is naturally water resistant. Nylon bands work well too, but can take a while to dry.
Which Apple Watch strap should I buy?
Best of the Best Apple Watch Band
What do you want to know: This stainless steel Apple Watch strap adds a little extra class to your life.
What you will love: Designed to be as durable as it is stylish, this Apple Watch strap is perfect for any occasion.
What you should consider: Removing links to get the right fit can be inconvenient.
Or buy: Amazon
Best Value Apple Watch Strap
What do you want to know: The details and materials are as high quality as the price is low.
What you will love: The comfort and range of color options make this Apple Watch band a wonderful, budget-conscious choice.
What you should consider: This leather Apple Watch band may not fit those with larger wrists.
Or buy: Amazon
Apple Watch band honorable mention
What do you want to know: This Apple Watch band might not be ideal for everyday wear, but it’s perfect for adding a bit of sparkle to your outfit.
What you will love: A strap style and rhinestones make this Apple Watch strap perfect for special occasions.
What you should consider: It is not very durable and difficult to resize.
Or buy: Amazon
Do you want to buy the best products at the best prices? Check Daily deals from BestReviews.
Register here to receive the weekly BestReviews newsletter for helpful tips on new products and great deals.
Jordan C. Woika writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their buying decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.