With the growing popularity of period drama films, directors are now turning to mythological films. Lately, many have announced their next directors with the star cast. However, some even started filming and announced the release date as well. Mythological texts – Ramayana and Mahabharata remain the inspiration. SS Rajamouli’s RRR, Om Raut’s Adipurush, and Nitesh Tiwari’s Ramayana 3D are major films that will turn epic religious text into big-screen experiences.
If you remember, Rajamouli’s Baahubali parts 1 and 2 were inspired by Mahabharat and Ramayan. And now, in his next magnum opus RRR, he seems to have found ways to match Ramayana references to his characters. In a beautiful poster of the film, Alia Bhatt’s first look at the film has been released. The actress plays the role of ‘Sita’ alongside Ram Charan who plays a character named Alluri Sitharam Raju. From Deepika Padukone as “Draupadi” in “Mahabharat” to Ram Setu by Akshay Kumar, here are some mythological Bollywood movies to look forward to.
1. Adipurus: The star film by Prabhas, Kriti Sanon and Saif Ali Khan is based on the Ramayan. Prabhas will play the role of Lord Ram, Kriti as Sita and Saif as Lankesh. Recently, Prabhas took to social media to announce the release of Adipurush on August 11, 2022. Well, Saif also wrapped up his portion of filming.
2. Ramayana Trilogy: Dangal director Nitesh Tiwari has announced that he will be making a film about the Hindu mythological epic Ramayana. According to some sources, the mythological drama will be a live-action trilogy shot in 3D and will be released simultaneously in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Reports also claim that Hrithik Roshan will play the role of Lord Ram and Deepika Padukone will be seen as Sita. However, an official announcement is still awaited.
This Deepawali, let us strive to keep the ideals of Ram alive in the consciousness of all Bharatiyas by building a bridge (setu) that will connect the generations to come.
Taking this gigantic task forward, here is our humble attempt – #RamSetu
I wish you and yours a very happy Deepawali! pic.twitter.com/ZQ2VKWJ1xU
– Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) November 14, 2020
3. Ram setu: Akshay Kumar had two posters of his upcoming Ram Setu that revolve around the ideals of Lord Ram. The film is directed by Abhishek Sharma and produced by Akshay Kumar’s Cape of Good Films. It also stars Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushratt Bharucha.
4. Sita: The National Award-winning actress will then be considered the main cast of an epic drama titled The Incarnation: SITA. The makers have officially announced that Kangana will be part of the team. The film will be directed by Alaukik Desai.
5. Aparajita Ayodhya: Kangana Ranaut will direct the film. It will be based on Ayodhya’s verdict. The actress had said, “I wanted to produce it and bring in another director for it. I was pretty busy at that very moment thinking about a direction. However, the script that KV Vijayendra Prasad shared was that of a film taking place on a large canvas, a bit in line with the history I made before.
Also Read: Kangana Ranaut Set to Play Goddess Sita in Alaukik Desai’s Epic Drama The Incarnation: SITA